Last night I made Rissoles for dinner from scratch - mostly healthy and yummy.
Ingredients
- Beef mince (I use about 1kg so there are lots of leftovers for lunches)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 potato, grated
- Mozerella Cheese (or whichever cheese you prefer)
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 egg
- Sweet Chilli Sauce to taste
- Salt & Pepper (and any other spices you might like, I throw in steak seasoning too)
- Plain flour
Method
- Combine all carrot, potato, onion, cheese, salt and pepper into a the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Once this is mixed together well add the sweet chilli sauce
- Mix well.
- Next you add the egg - the purpose of that is to stick it all together. Mix it through well.
- If you think the mix is too sticky, add a bit of plain flour.
It should look something like this.
- On a plate/bowl place some more plain flour.
- Separate the mixture and place onto the floured plate. Roll it into a ball. Make sure the outside is coated with flour. This helps it not stick to the pan.
- Once you are all done, lightly cover a fry pan with oil. (Or if you make as many as me, I use two pans at once).
- Put the pan on a LOW heat. It needs to be low so the rissoles will cook but hopefully not burn.
- You need to rotate them around so each side gets cooked.
Almost ready. The good thing about the flour coating is you can easily tell which side hasn't been face down yet and which sides are not cooked enough.
I make these about the size of my palm and they take about 20 minutes to cook properly.
Voila! Rissoles!
Homemade Chips!
(Normal & sweet potato)
These were very easy.
- Peel and cut the potato into slices.
- Place them out on the grill rack (I used al-foil so they didn't stick & easier to clean)
- Lightly spread a bit of oil over them.
- Place them under the grill on 150 for about 10 minutes (don't forget to flip them over!)

No comments:
Post a Comment