Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Post

This weekend was another pretty quiet one, which was lovely. The weather was pretty miserable so it was nice to be able to stay inside for the most part.

Saturday was a mission around the shops to search for splashbacks for the kitchen (to no avail) but on the plus side we purchased a new cupboard for the laundry which we put together this morning. I was the brains, fiance was the braun aka I told him what to do, he used a drill on the screw. Lol. 

A wander through Aquire saw me find more things to buy. A simple white Maxwell & Williams Gravy boat and this cute little tea container. I love it, the fiance thinks it's a bit girly. *Insert eye roll here* 



Saturday night was a catch up with the girls, we were naughty and ordered pizza and then spent so much time catching up we didn't watch any movies like we had planned. 

These were my nails for the night. Essie Luxedo with a feature nail of OPI Servin' Up Sparkle.


So you can see my topcoat bubbled like crazy on my middle finger. According to Google research it means it was either too thick or I didn't leave it to dry long enough. Bother.

My purchases this week. 

A new bottle of OPI RapiDry Top Coat - this one is by far my favourite top coat. It dries really fast and makes the polish last so much longer. 

The other two are products by Palmers. 
Line Smoothing Eye Cream & Night Renewal Cream.
My friend Kay recommended these products to me so I thought I would give them a try and am I glad I did. I like the preventative idea of these creams and that eye cream really has done wonders for the bags under my eyes. They are nowhere near as dark as before, even if I have been ill or not slept well. The night cream leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft.
I saw that Priceline has 20% off Palmer's products at the moment so I might have to go get myself some more! 

I also ordered a few things from Strawberrynet which I might do a 'haul' post on after they arrive.


No real wedding planning was done this weekend, just some research on invites and reading the latest issue of Cosmo Bride. This one is a special edition of only real life weddings. 

It is an interesting read and a good way to get some ideas but I miss the regular content. I may already have two other issues of the magazine...
I'll post on my invite hunting later on.

I hope you all had a great weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment