Friday, April 13, 2012

Black Friday

I'm the first to admit I really don't like the number thirteen. Ever since that day when I was a kid (yes it was the thirteenth) and managed to smash my tooth causing literally thousands of dollars of dental work I've never liked the number. I even had to pick our wedding date so that the numbers added up to a multiple of five to make it better. 

So for me to book a hairdressers appointment, with a new hairdresser no less should have been an issue. But it wasn't and if I had been all worked up it was unfounded. The new hairdresser did a great job and was at least $80 cheaper than my old one. I am very impressed and will be going back again.
I also have to admit I felt such guilt for changing salons, but all the hairdressers I liked at the old salon had left and the money just didn't seem worth it. Have you ever felt that guilt/loyalty issue?

Much blonder than I have had in a while, but I think I like it. 

Outfit for the day: Kmart top, Supre jeans. And I changed out the sandals for my havaianas. Sorry about the glare from the sun - the blinds are stuck!


Today I also caught up with my friend L and her gorgeous bub. Took advantage of the 50% off Bonds sale at Target (score!). And I bought this watch from Goldmark. 
Half price at $49.95. Bargain. The best bit? No ticking noise.
I had bought a Basque watch from Myer online, only to receive it and discover the damn thing ticked so loudly so back it has gone. I don't know about you, but for me this is a big no no. On a cheap watch maybe, but not on a watch that retails for over $100. 

Last night I went to the dentist. The good news? For once it only cost $27 (thank you HBF). The bad news? I need to see a surgeon and get my wisdom teeth out asap because they are growing close to my nerves and an old filling I've had since I was a kid needs to be redone. Just my luck.
I better start saving!

Have a great weekend everyone - I'm meant to see the new American Pie movie later tonight and have a friend's wedding tomorrow. Busy busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment