Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wedding Photographers

Photography for our wedding is another really important part of the day and I want to get this sorted out as soon as possible so I don't miss a good one. 
The trouble? Finding a good one and navigating through all the price plans and deals. 

So I thought I knew what I was doing until I contacted a Perth based photographer who asked so many questions.

Do you have any venues booked for your wedding service and reception? Have you got times set for your service and reception? Have you thought about any specific locations for your photography after the service? (e.g. old/new architecture, graffiti walls, cafe shots, beach or greenery?). Have you got a theme for your wedding day? Do you know what type of product you would like from your wedding photography? (e.g. a traditional album, art style album, coffee table book or perhaps the disc of high resolution images?) What is it specifically you would like covered on your wedding day (how many hours)? 

Some, yes I do have answers to, others.... not yet. We are still trying to book a ceremony venue. Well more like find one we like! But there is so much more I need to think of. I'm planning to hit up my SIL to be and some friends who have recently gotten married to find out more about their experiences and hopefully see some of their photos too.

 I love how fun this photo is. But it reminds me that I definitely want my bridesmaids in a totally different coloured dress so I stand out more.

 I love the simplicity of this photo.

^^ My friends who's wedding I was lucky enough to attend last year. Just gorgeous and oh-so in love.

Suggestions anyone? 
And for that matter has anyone not gotten a photo book by the photographers and just made their own instead?

2 comments:

  1. DAMN that is a lot of questions!! Not sure why they would need to know so much info from your first enquiry...

    I'd say to start with a budget in mind.. that will help eliminate a lot and more $$$ does not necessarily mean better.

    As for the photo book I haven't done one (not married yet), but I know a lot of girls on the vogue forums have done their own and they worked out really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too! I figured they would ask the date and location but not the rest of that seemed rather over the top.

      The budget is one point I have a rough idea on, thankfully.

      Making my own might be good, one place wanted to charge an extra $1000 just for the photo book!!

      Delete