You know, up until the other day I'd never given a thought to how lucky I was to have a job.
Now, I see just how lucky I was.
Why now? You ask.
I was made redundant. Actually everyone was, my workplace closed down.
It's been the most strange, surreal and emotional fiasco.
It's like the end of an era.
And I'll miss my coworkers.
In a way they were like a second family.
The whole thing was done in just over 24 hours. I was called into a meeting and told the news. Close of business the next day was the end of it all.
Being unemployed is just weird too. My body clock still wakes me up at the time I'd get up for work. On the plus side my bank account is healthy with a payment in lieu of notice and my leave payout.
Now I just have to hope I can find a new job quickly. The resume got a revamp and I've applied for a few jobs so far. Wish me luck!
The fiance was so sweet and bought me a West Coast Eagles jumper as a cheer up/unemployment gift.
He knew I wanted one for a while and wanted to surprise me.
He even got the perfect size.
Mind you it is a child's size 16. So I can now tell you that is pretty much an adult female size 8 equivalent.
The second part to the surprise? He is taking me up to Perth today go to the actual game!
I am a very lucky girl.

Oh Miss Kira!
ReplyDeleteSympathies to you and to all of your workmates. Its happened to alot of close friends of mine lately, and in all cases it was very quick and shocking as I imagine yours was too.
Enjoy your game, sounds like you have a wonderful man.
Thank you so much for caring. Your poor friend too. :( Mine was very much the same, everything seemed normal and the next day it was all over. It was a fantastic game and I am very lucky to have him <3
DeleteSorry to hear. That must be hard. What sort of work are you looking for?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with finding something quickly!