Saturday, May 12, 2012

Recap of the week gone.

This week has been really weird not having to work. 
I've managed to be somewhat of a domestic goddess though. All the fiance's clothes were washed and folded. I made pumpkin soup (twice) from scratch, choc chip cookies and carrot cake. There was always something for dinner for when the fiance got home. I caught up on all my tv shows, applied for several jobs AND got all the grocery shopping done. 
Even with all that I still had far too much free time on my hands.

So I started picking projects for next week. I changed my hair appointment to daytime hours.



I received this book I ordered a while back after loving the sound of it on Lipstick & Cake.
The Hummingbird Bakery - Cake Days.


I still have pumpkin leftover so I want to try make pumpkin scones too. 
The fiance is going to get fat with all my baking. Lol.



On walking past Lovisa on my way to Coles I saw they had a buy two get one free sale. 
Call me a sucker but I bought these gorgeous necklaces. 

I also decided now would be a great time to do some wedding research so I got the newest edition of The Knot magazine. It came with a freebie of their 2011 Winter Edition. I'd never seen it before, so I'm happy with two for the price of one. 

In wandering through Target to kill some time before lunch with a friend I came across these leather gloves. Quite plain but I wanted something to keep my hands warm whilst driving on those chilly wintery mornings. For $4.83 I wasn't going to say no! 

This is a bit of a needs and want combo from Target and Priceline. 
Target had 25% off some of their beauty range so I got a new blush brush since my old one has just about died and another Maybelline lipstick in Pinkalicious. I fell in love with it so got a spare whilst it was so cheap. 
Priceline had a % off Australis so I got the gorgeous eyeshadow pallet in Choc-A-Block. It says it is for use wet or dry, but I've never used an eyeshadow like that wet before? 
And the boring essentials, a new shower cap and emery boards. 


I also had an appointment about getting my wisdom teeth out and had a not so nice experience in the waiting room. 
I got a couple of phone calls because our puppy had escaped and I was trying to deal with it (it didn't help I was over half an hours drive from home and the fiance was at work over an hour away). I was being very quiet on the phone. I didn't want to step outside because it was right on my appointment time and I didn't want to miss it. 
Some grumpy old fool literally told me off and made me go outside. 
As it turns out said grumpy old fool did not have an appointment and made ME have to wait longer because he demanded an appointment with the surgeon I was seeing. 
The ladies that worked there couldn't believe his behaviour to me, said they couldn't even hear me on the phone and then made him apologise to me for making me wait longer. I still wasn't impressed.



Lastly but certainly not least, the fiance's mother took me to Perth to see Mary Poppins. 
It was a ladies of the family affair with M's sister, aunt and two cousins. 
And Mary Poppins was amazing!
If you have the chance to see it, I highly recommend it. 

The singing was absolutely amazing and the dancing was perfect. 
Everything was so perfectly in time. I honestly have no idea how the children managed to keep up with how quick and precise all the movements were.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's out there. 

The photos of Mary Poppins are from a WA Newspaper. Cameras weren't allowed at the show.

3 comments:

  1. oooh the next edition of The Knot magazine is out, thanks for making me aware of that. I love reading The Knot as they seem to be more in my budget range of the things they advertise and have lots of cool ideas in them. Love the look of your baking book. Ur fiance is going to be very lucky with all the time on your hands for cooking. Enjoy your hair appointment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I love The Knot for the same reason! I've already found some great ideas in this edition. Hehe thank you, I will. No more regrowth! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Marry Poppins and wish I had a week of work to cover the things on my to do list lol. I'll have to check out the new Knot too xx

    ReplyDelete