Sunday, May 27, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes & House Decorating!

So today the finance went off to the footy, so I took advantage of this and had a nice day to myself!
I did some shopping, took the puppy for an hour long walk, put together some new furniture and did some baking. And made pizza for dinner. Plus all the usual boring housework things. 

First up = Cupcakes!

The recipe I used was from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. 
It was relatively easy to make. Whatever you do don't spill the food colouring. Not that I did but I could see it being rather messy!

Finished product. I didn't take photos during, my kitchen was a bit messy!


They actually look darker than this photo shows. Taste yummy too!

I forgot to buy the cream cheese for the icing so I cheated and just made vanilla icing. Next time I'll remember to buy the ingredients and try the icing.

And now for my decorating. 

There was a corner in the dining room that has been driving me crazy for ages just being so empty and today I bought the perfect vase to go there.
I just had to go buy a table of some sort too. 

This is the vase. It's an aqua/blue and white colour, very nice. 
Only $54 from Aquire. 

The tables I ended up getting were actually "stackable cubes" from Kmart. 
$19 each and pretty easy to put together. 

I also got this little love sign for $9 from Kmart too. 

The middle shelf. An engraved frame my friends gave us for our engagement with a photo set from our engagement photo shoot. 

And this is the overall look. I'm rather happy with it. Hopefully the fiance will like it when he gets home!


I hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm all for the dark furniture, white walls with bright bits here and there. That's pretty much the theme of our apartment. And great bonus prices on the items as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is pretty much the theme for our house too. Great taste. :)

      Delete
  2. The corner looks great.. I must get on to decorating our place and baking... ohhh i'm not a baker, but when I see that cupcake I want to bake haha

    ReplyDelete