So today I went to a Wedding Expo with one of my bridesmaids, who is also a fellow bride and who I'm going to be bridesmaid for too.
Confusing label, yes?
Anyway wanting to beat the crowd (and score the bag of freebies) we got there nice and early.
I'm so glad we did, it was so busy and parking was nuts as we left.
On the way to the expo we were talking wedding locations for her and discussing the option of hiring a bus. The first thing we see at the expo? A bus all decked out for a wedding.
Surprisingly, it didn't look too bad.
They deck out the inside with white curtains, the flowers in the overheads (with fairy lights so it looks all cute at night) and the ribbons on which you can see on each isle seat. And on the outside a bouquet of flowers and some balloons.
Of course you can customise it all to what you want.
We don't need anything like that for our wedding, but it is an interesting option. Certainly beats all the buses I have seen on Four Weddings!
There were so many displays set up there was a lot to look at. Car/limo hire, decorators, jewellers, photographers, cake makers, videographers, celebrants!
Thankfully I have a couple of those booked already, but I still found some things I am interested in. AND discovered companies in the area I never knew existed.
For one - Poppy's Candy Buffets.
Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a sweet tooth; thus my wanting a candy buffet at the wedding was almost a given. And with goodies like this how could you say no?
Photo from Poppy's Candy Buffets Facebook page
So needless to say I will be doing some research into this!
The other really good thing we came across was a jewellery store booth with mens rings. Now the fiance had indicated he wasn't really wanting to get a wedding ring because he isn't allowed to wear one to work and thought it would be a waste of money.
He was under the impression the ring would be really expensive.
The jewellers we met today proved that wrong.
He's now getting a ring. Knowing the price he now agrees. He can wear it for special occasions and out for dinner and all that.
A titanium ring is actually not that expensive, we found nice ones for under $400.
Sold. I'll be keeping their flyer for when it comes time to buy his ring.
And some of the cakes we saw? AMAZING.
There was one literally shaped like the Eiffel Tower, a castle and a massive 10 tier cake.
I'd hate to see the pricetag attached to those when a three tier cake is at least $600 or more.
And of course, the freebie bag!
As well as the usual bunch of flyers, odd pen there were these goodies.
Avon Anew Reversalist Night Renewal Cream
Three Magazines!
WA Bride
Bride's Diary Perth (which is almost 2cm thick)
And WA Travel
And Roc Candy!
I've seen these used for bonbonnieres and I really like them. I dislike the prices I've found however.
All in all it was well worth going and I've got some more ideas.
It's definitely something anyone as a bride-to-be should attend.


I heart the customised Roc Candy too! hehehe.. lolley buffet is a great idea and you can do it yourself to save $$$.
ReplyDelete