Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A First

For the first time in my whole driving life - which is now about six years the low petrol light came on in my car. Now for me this was an oh my gosh type moment - I know a lot of people let their car get that low before, but I have never been one to do so - I've heard it's bad for the engine etc etc. 

So anyway, I didn't think it was really that low as you can see by the fuel gauge but I did get rather worried on the way to the service station as I got every single red light possible and had to stop at every roundabout too. All things that don't exactly help you conserve fuel. I don't actually know how many kilometres a car can do once the low petrol light comes on? I should read the instruction manual and see if it mentions anything.
To top it off my mother made such a fuss about having to go to a certain station because of this discount she had  AND the discount wasn't even what she said.

Let's just say I won't be letting it happen again, it is far too much stress - plus imagine the embarrassment of a phone call "So... uh.. I ran out of fuel... help?" No thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment