You know, I really understand why people choose to hire planners or more simply elope.
I'm only planning our engagement party and it's been so stressful.
I'm trying to delegate between both of our mothers and his lovely sister is also helping out. I have a jealous mother, one who has the idea that she should get to do what she wants. Which in the end I have mostly let her, because, honestly, I just give up. I can't be bothered with the drama. Her work mates have been in her ear that as the mother-of-the-bride-to-be she should be in control. WRONG. Our party, our choices.
She's turning into a stress head, got jealous of M's mum. But I think it's okay now. I hope so anyway.
M and his mother were worried that 11 cartons of beer would not be enough? I think it's madness. It's meant to be a classy event not a get drunk off your arse event. My mother was worried there would not be enough food.
Personally, I think we'll have far too much of both. I guess time will tell.
Even M himself managed to make things difficult by getting frustrated when I tried to talk to him. I put him back in his place however. I'm the one with everyone coming to me about it, the one with all the lists, the one doing most of the work. What has he done you ask? Mowed the lawn. Yup, that's it.
Anyway, it's all finally coming together. All that is left to do is the last minute cleaning and of course the set up on the day. I'm pretty sure the new dress I ordered is sitting at the couriers waiting for me to pick it up - which I plan to today, so hopefully that will fit all nicely. And I get my hair done tomorrow which I even get to leave work early for - so excited.
The dress. I figured a white-ish colour dress would be appropriate. I just hope the length is okay and it fits nicely.
As for decorations that is all sorted too, some fairy lights on the fence, tea light candles in gorgeous holders (with citronella tea lights to keep the bugs away), a simple framed photo of M and I and a "love" sign similar to this in red.
I wanted it all to be classy and simple, hopefully it will look that way. I will post lots of photos after the event. Fingers crossed the weather will stay nice too!



No comments:
Post a Comment