The end of last year was flat out busy. I watched one of my friends get married. He and his wife looked so amazing and so totally in love on their wedding day I could not be happier for them. It was the most beautiful ceremony and fun reception. Not to mention the bride looked like she stepped out of a bridal magazine. Ideas will be borrowed for our wedding that is for sure!
M had his birthday and loved the new West Coast Eagles jurnsey that I got him and his other presents too, it was a low key event but good fun all the same.
Work was so busy at the end of the year too. Attempting to prepare everything for our 3 week break. We had our Christmas lunch which was a nice and quiet affair and a small BBQ on our last day of work too which was great.
Christmas was such a busy affair too. We got all our shopping done in plenty of time and I had all the presents wrapped and looking wonderful. We got so spoilt. One of our favourite gifts was from M's parents. A Delonghi Pixie Nespresso Coffee Machine. If you are looking for a coffee machine I highly recommend this one, I mean I even drink coffee it makes it that nice!
I even went and bought some nice new proper looking coffee cups so we can be all fancy if we have people over too.
It was also my gorgeous niece Mya's first Christmas. Doesn't she just look adorable in her Santa photo? She got very spoilt by all. I have to admit having a child around again makes Christmas more fun, it will be even better when she is of the age to know all the stories about Santa and his reindeer.
Miss Mya and I - Helping her open her pink cd player (a gift from M & I)
We did a lot of travelling on Christmas day, but in the end I think it was well worth it. I loved getting to see my extended family and those we are close to in M's family too. Boxing Day we did more of the same visiting family as well, it was nice and busy again.
M only had the public holidays off so we had one day on our own before he went back to work. I found ways to keep myself busy though. I bought a new bookcase and office desk chair from Kmart and put those together by myself - I'm quite proud of the fact and sorted out that back room. I even went through all my clothes and found bags more to donate to the Salvation Army and there are some which I want to sell on ebay too, when I find the time.
New Years Eve was a low key drinks and BBQ at a friends place in Perth. It was really nice and just the sort of night I was after. We even got to watch the fireworks from the end of the unit complex driveway.
I got to the time to catch up with some friends too which was great. I even was a gym bunny and did a few workouts as well. AND I made an awesome start on the work on the fence. I learnt how to use a high pressure cleaner and got all the old paint off the fence and was up silly early to paint the fence too. 8 hours later and all but one of the interior fence panels has been painted. There is just that panel, the whole outside and second coat to go! Lol. Here is one photo which shows a "before and after" sort of look. I'm quite proud of my efforts! Painting a picket fence is not as easy or it looks or sounds, trust me on that!
Thanks to a blog I read - Domestic Divinity and the wonderful Mez I got these Windsor Smith Karri Heels on sale for only $48. They are soo cute and so comfortable. I am in love.
And I also managed to get some bargains from Supre - lots of cute summer skirts, tops and a maxi dress or two and the most expensive thing was $15. Score!
The last of my shopping expedition was this gorgeous Fiorelli watch. Under $40 including postage, under half price! (Sorry the photo is so small, it's taken from the order email)
This now brings us back to present day. I returned to work yesterday after all that time off and it was major struggle town. So not used to having to think so much or sit in the one spot for so long but I'll get over it. Mantra: Think of the money.
Though thankfully the workload I came back to was not as bad as I expected. Only 108 emails. And a fairly decent pile of mail.
I'm rather annoyed at M at the moment. Last night he managed to not watch where he was reversing his car and hit my precious Imprezza. The damage to my car is far worse than his. I tried not to be angry, I really did, but every time I see it I get mad again. How could he not have looked!? He knew my car was parked there. He is going to pay for it to be fixed but yeah. Frustrating all the same. I have to take it in to get repair quotes. I'll be the one without a car whilst it is getting fixed. AND it better be a perfect job or someone will be coping it. This car has been my dream car for so long and M has just excelled at hurting it. First he opened his door into it (thankfully that mark buffed out and there was no dent) and then whilst on holidays and getting a box out of the boot he managed to scratch the back bumper. But this one takes the cake. You can't really see how bad it is in this photo, but over two panels and at least 3 dents. BLAH. Poor, poor car.
I don't know if this makes me vain or not but I hate driving a damaged car around. It makes me feel like people judge my driving and I'm embarrassed by it. I am pedantic about my cars, I like them too be clean and perfect.
But on the plus side our kitchen installation has started today (we'll let them off for being late this morning if they do a good job). So with luck by the end of tomorrow we'll have a nice flashy new kitchen with a dishwasher and working oven! Well once it's all been connected which hopefully won't take too long. I don't think I could stand to survive on take out and BBQs too much longer. First thing I am going to do is bake me some cupcakes!








No comments:
Post a Comment