Step four has been a shite load of planning. I've re-done my wedding ideas book and have stuck a section in the front to brainstorm for the engagement party. I now have lists for food, drink, decoration ideas and a massive to do list. The house and yard will need a full on tidy up - needless to say I will be very busy for the next month, but it should all be worth it.
As I had my planning book out I started putting in more photos and ideas of things I like. And got me thinking about Wedding Cakes.
Do we want an actual cake? And make sure the place doesn't change a cake cutting fee? (Rip off!)
Or do we go for a cupcake tower?
(Of course it won't be 21st themed!)
The more I think, the more I lean towards the cupcake tower. Though some of the cakes are gorgeous, but someone please tell me how a cake can be worth upwards of $500? It's a cake for goodness sakes! For the engagement party we are looking like having a cupcake tower since M's sister was already going to be making us some cupcakes. Apparently cake cutting is a tradition?
I love the idea of a ceramic cake topper that you can keep forever. I think it is a really sweet momemto that you can keep and have on display.
Bridal magazines and my planner are going to be my best friends in trying to work this all out. There are so many details and so many things to think about!
I think I have found a hairstyle that I love too.
As for dresses, I've decided on a style. A strapless A-Line in white or ivory. Part one done.
Oh and did I mention M is now talking 18 months til we marry? I so need to sit him down and set an actual date! Dresses are meant to be ordered at least 10 months in advance!








No comments:
Post a Comment