Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Tribute to an Amazing Man




Yesterday was a tough day. It marked a year since my beloved Grandad passed away. Everytime I thought about it, I wanted to cry. Heck, even typing this now I want to cry.








I'm not overly religious but I do believe that my Grandad is in heaven, watching down over me, my family, all those that he loved. He believed in it, so I shall believe, for him. I know it may sound silly to some, but I said out loud my feelings, as if I was indeed speaking to him. Telling him how much I love and miss him, how I hope he is watching over me and how I hope I am making him proud.





Grandad was one of the most funny, amazing, clever, loving people you would have ever had the chance to meet. He always cracked jokes and had nicknames for us all. He always called me Ma-kettle, a dutch thing. I loved it. He'd always want to know about our lives, make sure we were happy. A memory that always makes me smile is the phone calls with him, he'd always quiz me on boyfriends, always wanting to make sure they were good enough for me. The last Christmas we saw him, the last time I ever got to see him alive I took my Mark along to the family affair. It was the first time he met a lot of my family, the first time I had ever taken someone to meet that part of my family. Even though Grandad was in a wheelchair, on oxygen, couldn't see properly he was still laughing and joking and he still managed to quiz Dad to make sure Mark was good enough for me. I will forever cherish that memory and any others of Grandad like that.








He was the best grandfather a child could wish for and will forever be loved, cherished and missed. Forever in our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*
    He sounds like he was a wonderful man, Kira.

    ReplyDelete