Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where has the year gone!?


As I mentioned in my wedding updates post there is less than 14 months til our day.
But that means it's already heading towards the end of August.
Seriously, where has this year gone?
Even the work weeks seem to be flying past lately. Nuts.

This week has been much the same as any other with work taking up most of my time. 
Here are a few highlights/photos from the week.


Mani for the week - OPI Big Apple Red.
This is seriously my favourite red polish.

Vanilla, Chocolate and Top Deck cupcakes I made for the lovely T who was in need of a cheer up after a not so nice breakup.

 This 1000 pages of work I got Friday afternoon. I got through 20-odd. Guess what I am finishing today?

Marshmellow Creme!
Thanks to Kricket for the heads up on where to buy this. We both need it for recipes we want to make in the Hummgingbird Bakery Cookbook.
I only got one since it didn't have a price on it. Turns out it was only $2. Totally going back to buy some more soon.

 I went to Aquire and couldn't help but buy some things for myself as well as the gift I was getting.
A small Krosno vase which was $15 and a set of 6 whiskey glasses for $19.95.
I only realised I needed these as when we had friends over for dinner Friday night he had to drink his scotch out of a tall/normal water glass. Oops. 

The dinner that night was lovely by the way. I made a slow cooker Beef & Red Wine Casserole with rice and got to try out my chocolate fondue set. It was sooo yummy.
I got cadbury cooking choc chips and we had fresh strawberry, banana and marshmellows. 

 I was good and only ate a couple before I melted them...

My serving plate - in progress of setting it all up.

This bag was a total bargain from Betts. 70% off so I scored it for $14.99/

These heels also from Betts, for work. A bargain at $29.99.

And we decided to hire some videos to top off our night in. We couldn't walk out with getting some Pop Tarts. The video store is about the only place in the area that sells them. So good.

Overall it was a good weekend, except for the stupid headache that won't fully go away. 
Hope you all had a good weekend too. xo


3 comments: