Here's a scary thought. During the week it hit 14 months til our wedding!
Seriously, it feels like yesterday there was almost two years to go. Crazy.
This idea I saw on I think it was the Wedding Dress Express facebook page. I really like it:
I think this is a great way to get people to take photos of those special moments. I'm currently trying to decide whether to purchase some disposable cameras or to simply as those friends that do bring their own cameras to take part in this.
My thoughts against disposables? The cost and we all know what boys get like when there is cameras and alcohol involved...
I've been looking more into the thank you gifts for the guests as well. The fiance has suggested stubby holders as what he would like so I've been researching those.
This picture is thanks to Google.
The above is what I always think when someone says Wedding stubby holders. Silly little stick figures and some tacky saying - though no offence if you like them, they just aren't me.
However, I've come across http://www.coolaz.com.au and am loving their stubby holders. They can do scenery type holders which is exactly what I was after.
Image from coolaz.com.au
This one is which I really like, not only as it is a pretty location/photo but we got engaged on Whitehaven Beach which is in the Whitsunday Islands and basically on The Great Barrier Reef so it holds a special meaning for us as well.
Even the fiance has approved so unless I find something better I think this may be another item I can check off my list. Progress!
With the help of my soon-to-be sister-in-law we've been looking online at sites to try find some lovely and cheaper bridesmaid dresses and a flower girl dress. The prices I have seen on some sites for stores are insane. I wouldn't consider asking or expecting my girls to pay anything that much.
I've also been looking at invitations and have decided I definitely want names of the guest printed on them so save confusion and some places can do that as a small extra charge which is good.
That said we're still trying to work on the guest list. Oh the politics involved!



ooohhh I love your idea for the stubby holder a lot better, a lot less tacky for sure!
ReplyDeleteAw thank you! :)
ReplyDelete