Monday, March 4, 2013

Crisis Averted!

Sorry about the delay with this post, but seriously I have never been so stressed that I haven't slept before. Until now. The whole loss of a wedding venue and trying to get our deposit back from the first was a nightmare!

The fiancé and I visited so many places, I made so many calls and sent so many emails trying to find a new venue and thankfully that work paid off. We have a new reception venue!

As it turns out the resort is having one of it's function rooms renovated (by my work none the less) and it will be ready in plenty of time to spare, so we've booked that and deposit is down. Now this means I can't quite plan/sort of any decorations properly until I've seen it again but hell, I can wait!

The people there are so lovely and as it turns out live near the fiancé's sister and absolutely adore her so we are getting a few specials there and as part of our booking we get a free hotel room for the wedding night. That solves our question of whether to get one or not.

Before we booked this one though we had some people not even want to talk to us - so the place was in new management and not "officially" open yet, it doesn't mean you have to be so rude. A simple, we're not having weddings/functions would have sufficed.

And then getting our deposit back!? Gah. First we were told it would be arranged and they would let us know how they would get it back to us. They didn't until I emailed. I was told a cheque would be posted on the Monday. It wasn't. By Wednesday it should have been there so I called and emailed. I got no response until I went straight to the manager. Oh he says, the cheque was done and posted on Monday. Let me know if you don't get it tomorrow (the Thursday). When did the cheque arrive? FRIDAY. When was the post mark? THURSDAY! So basically they lied, which I was so mad about. I made a point of commenting on the post mark when I let them know it did arrive (no response, surprise, surprise). But the cheque has cleared and we have our money back. The only positive is that the wedding coordinator whom we had been dealing with rang to make sure we got the refund okay - it wasn't her department and she was away, which was nice of her and she still felt horrible.
That said I'm still not impressed, there was no sorry note, no nothing with the cheque. Just the cheque in an envelope. I hope they realise how well word of mouth works, because nothing nice has been said about them by us or our families since that whole issue. 

But yes, things are finally back on track and I can sleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment