Friday, March 8, 2013

Is there really a way to make your wedding individual?

So the weekend just been the fiancé and I attended the wedding of his friend..
And it was absolutely beautiful.
They have fantastic taste.. in fact it's exactly like my own.

The songs they had for the ceremony we were going to have for ours..
Their wedding cake? Again, like ours. Though we are having our first name initials not our surname. 

Do we still go ahead with what we had planned or do I change it? 
They will be at our wedding, and a lot of the same group of friends. I don't want to seem like we copied, when I had these ideas forever ago.. Or will they even remember?

I purposely have kept our plans secret in the hopes to surprise guests and so no one else would steal the ideas. It never occurred to me someone else would think of the same things!

Has anyone had this happen to them before? And if so what did you do?

5 comments:

  1. Hun I think with all the images on the web now and Etsy aka a brides haven, brides will be choosing lots of similar things... don't change just because you don't want it to be the same. I'd hate for you to not like your cake because you had to change it or the songs not meaning as much to you because you had to change them... do what you'll be happy with xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, that is a good way to look at it :) xo

      Delete
  2. Keep to what you have decided, as it will cause so much more stress having to choose things all over again. Those things that you have chosen are special to you for a reason so you shouldn't change them because your friend has used them, as they will be different in your own way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Babybluez and would say, unless you weren't exactly sure that the music or cake represented your style or tastes to begin with, there is no real reason to change it just because. Most weddings are personal because of the speeches, the family, and the love, so no one could ever say you'd followed someone else's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all - you are both spot on and have made me feel much better about it all. :)

    ReplyDelete