Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mini Heart Attack

So when you get a rather cryptic email from the Function Coordinator at the venue you booked for your reception you start to panic. Suddenly asking to meet within a few days is never good. 
Thus I did what any bride would do, reply and constantly refresh my emails like a maniac. Until my lunch break. Then I make the call.

Well my panic wasn't for nothing. 

The function room at the venue is closing in March. 
They couldn't get a lease renewal or something.

On the plus side we have been offered the whole restaurant for the same price. 
BUT I don't know if it will suit? The fiancé and I have to go there on Saturday to have a look and see what we think.

My thoughts right now? There goes all my plans!

The restaurant is an entirely different shape so I'm going to have to sit down with the decorators and go through all of that again. Re-make so many choices, re-invisage the whole look I had planned in my head for the wedding.

If it doesn't suit I will have to look for somewhere else, but the odds of this happening 8 months out? I'm not sure luck is in my favour on that one.

And there I was thinking I had everything under control!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know which venue you have booked, but I much prefer events in the whole restaurant, rather than the function room. It sorts of makes you feel like it was planned and you should be there... not having random people walking around, etc.

    Hopefully it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah see the function room they did have was completely separate so it would have only been people at our wedding in the area and it was the perfect size/shape. But oh well. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Argghh! I am not envious of you honey. All I would say is try and forget "what was planned" because you will associate with the old room and try and think of what could be in this place... if you don't like the idea of what could be then start to look around. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will need the luck that is for sure! I really don't like the restaurant. We went and looked last night and it's just too small/not going to suit so back to venue hunting it is!

      Delete