Today my mother dearest and I ventured out to a wedding expo at the Lord Forrest hotel. We had a good time looking around. I was able to show Mum what I had picked for our decorations, which thankfully, she loved and had a chat with the videographer we had booked.
It turned out to be a great day because the videographer made us realise we may need an extra hours coverage or so to get in the speeches if we want the getting ready time included as well. So think we will be spending a bit extra there.. Mum is adamant she wants the getting ready footage and is volunteering to pay the extra for it too! So I won't be complaining. She missed out on some video footage at her wedding as the friend who was supposed to be shooting apparently forgot to charge their video camera! Horrible.
Mum was also amusing about her thoughts on how "unnecessary" a lot of the decorations are these days compared to how things were when she got married. Bless. Thankfully she is respecting that yes, I will be having chair covers at my bridal table!
Annnddd we had a look at the photo booths which was actually quite fun, so I'm now going to discuss that option with the fiancé.
We also checked out a cake makers booth and wow that was disappointing. I swear the chocolate mud cake tasted burnt. It was gross.
As usual we got some freebies and the token bridal magazine. All in all it was a good day, we went shopping and out for lunch after which was lovely.



No comments:
Post a Comment