Monday, January 7, 2013

THE DRESS!!

I tried to think for a while the best way to start this post, but every time I think about the dress I get this stupid grin on my face and get all giddy.

So yes, my trip was very successful indeed!

Three of my lovely bridesmaids, my mother and my Nan came along to the shop for support and for guidance. We were all handed gloves and told to have a look through the racks.

I'll be honest, at that point I felt so overwhelmed. There were so many dresses!!
I looked through the racks a little bit myself but was mostly saying yes or no to the dresses the girls pulled out for me to look at. By the time we decided I should start trying them on there were at least twenty dresses waiting for me. 



My first choice was easy. My dress would not be champagne coloured.

When people say you'll know when you find the dress, they couldn't be more right.
With each dress I tried on I felt like it was an impossible mission. My mum was in the change room helping me with the store lady. I felt rather embarrassed standing around in my underthings waiting for the salesgirl to unzip/unless each dress. Mum made me feel much better though.


Each dress Mum and I would whisper to each other about, then show the girls. Funnily enough they said exactly the same things we had. Nan however was not quite so eloquent "No, no, no get it off!" when she didn't like it. 

My Nan & I. 

Finally about the eight dress I found one that I short listed to a maybe pile. It wasn't the dress, but it was okay. A few dresses later I found another I really liked - a-line with a lace one shoulder.

We then decided that whatever dress I get should be in white since it looked great against my olive skin.

More dresses were tried on and I as getting to instantly tell whether I liked it or not.
There were some dresses that I liked some parts of and wondered what the designed was thinking with other parts of it.

But then my sister-in-law to be and maid of honour gave me a dress that I had to try on. I looked at it and was skeptical. Mum even asked whether I wanted to bother trying it on. 
And I am so glad I did.
It was THE DRESS!

I loved it. I even tried a veil with it and the over-sized shoes to get the idea how it would look with heels. Each time I looked in the mirror I fell more in love. All the girls (and Nan agreed!).

There were still a pile of dresses left to try on so I decided I should try on those as well.
The very last dress was gorgeous too, but there was something missing. 

So we ordered The Dress in White. It's quite like this dress worn by Gossip Girl's Blair .. 

Image from Google.

I've asked them to add a sweetheart neckline since it's straight across normally. My dress is more fitted in the bodice with the skirt starting lower and the skirt isn't as big. It has no bow and the bling pieces on it match in perfectly with my bouquet ideas. 

I am so excited. 

Now to work out how to do my hair and accessories. Any suggestions?
I'm going to have a veil, Mum has offered hers which I would love to use as long as it will match.
I've got about 4.5 months until the dress arrives.. More waiting!


2 comments:

  1. Wow congrats, that's so exciting for you! The pic above looks beautiful. 4.5 mths is not long to wait either, that's so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) That's true, I was expecting it to be a bit longer.

      Delete