Saturday, December 8, 2012

Location, Location!

So I've been really bad with posting lately (sorry!) but on the plus side my wedding planning is coming along great.

We have a ceremony location!

The fiance and I went out looking at a few different spots and settled on this one..







I'm not quite sure how we will set everything up as yet, but the gardens are gorgeous. It's hidden from the road and it has good access for the grandparents (paths, ramps and stairs with rails).

I filled in the form for the council as soon as I got home and emailed it off. I was panicking a bit since when we were there another couple was checking it out as well! The competitiveness in me came to light and not even knowing their date I just HAD to have that spot.

Needless to say the next few days waiting for a response to whether we could make the booking or not was nerve wracking and I was constantly checking my emails. Thankfully it's all ours for that day and the best bit is, it's free. So that's more money we can save or re-delegate to something else in the budget.

My trip to the other jeweller was also a success.
Firstly, he was absolutely lovely and so helpful.
Secondly, the time without the engagement ring is only 2-3 weeks (instant plus)
The price he gave me was around what MH had stated, well a little bit more but may be less depending on how much gold he needs but the diamonds are a better quality. But will still match of course.

M still wants to go to MH purely because it's cheaper, but I told him if that is the case I'm getting my eternity band made at the same time because no way would I go their stupidly long wait time twice!
But that issue is still open to discussion since we still have time to play with. I figure I will order my ring about June/July so there isn't stress about it not being ready on time.

Lastly, we booked a videographer! Both our Mum's really wanted us to have one but I had no idea where to start. Thankfully my sister in law to be works in the wedding industry and was able to offer some recommendations. So now that is one more thing booked.

I'd recommend to anyone getting married to start a savings account specially for wedding purchases etc because ours has been fantastic. It has been such a help in paying for the deposits and keeping track of everything.

Oh and I've booked the appointment to look at wedding dresses. First weekend in January! 
Sooo excited!

2 comments:

  1. The site looks beautiful. I second getting a videographer, we are waiting for ours to come back and the anticipation is driving me nuts, as the day went so fast and I want to see it all again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I hope your video comes back soon! I'm glad I got one now, I never really thought of it like that before. :)

    ReplyDelete