Monday, November 5, 2012

The Birthday Post

I'm a bit slow with this, but better late than never right?
My birthday this year was a bit of a milestone, half way to fifty as someone told me. How delightful. Haha but it was a really lovely day.

The nigh before the fiancé couldn't wait any longer to give me my present.
I'd jokingly told him a week before my birthday to buy me a nice pearl necklace.
And he did!


Icheko Pearl Necklace.
I love it and think it could be a very good option to wear for the wedding (dress dependant of course)

My work girls 'beautifed' my desk before I got there....
And they got me a voucher for a jewellery shop too which was so sweet.

I only worked a short week and then we went away to the Hidden Valley Eco Resort which was beautiful. I got a massage which was lovely and the spa was just great!

We had a king size bed..

A private verandah (that's M)

Me after my massage.

I decided to have a drink to relax, hadn't had a cruiser in YEARS.

The hammock was so nice and the candles were lovely. It was such a nice view.
 And the spa!



Which they kindly had a sign warning that it may cause hair to go green, which I would not have thought of and was very thankful for!

We opted to have them provide the food and all we had to do was either reheat/BBQ and it was the best idea. Before we left we considered going out for tea, which I am so glad we didn't, we would have gotten lost trying to find anywhere, the place was in the middle of nowhere!

That night we slept so well, it was just so comfortable/relaxing and quiet. 
And dark. I didn't realise how much I had gotten used to street lights and traffic noise.
It really was nice to get away, but I missed  my puppy. It was her first night alone but she did really well.

My parents and brother came over for dinner the Saturday night and I made two roasts (one chicken, one beef for Dad who is allergic). It was a bit odd to cook for my birthday dinner but Dad had been away and so I knew he would appreciate a home cooked meal.
I got a really nice set of Scanpan Knives -  think they see how much I like to cook!

1 comment: