Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our Queensland holiday is just around the corner! Less than two weeks at work to go. I'm getting so excited. I'm actually getting tempted to pull out my new purple suitcases and make a start on packing but I have a feeling that M would totally laugh at me - so I'll stick with mental lists for now.

The dress that I had ordered for the wedding arrived yesterday - it's being posted back today. It's not what I expected and so not nice at all. Thankfully, I decided to contact the bride myself and ask her how formal the event is and now know what sort of dress I need. I think I may have one or two that would suit but if not Miss B and I are going shopping Saturday. A big shout out to H for giving me some great ideas for dresses too.

Speaking of clothing I was good and went through my clothing collection and have a huge pile to sell on ebay, a box I gave to Miss B to look through and another bag to take to the Salvation Army - hopefully they can sell it on to some poeple that will make use of it all. Silliest thing is with even how much I've taken out I still have so many clothes (and nothing to wear! lol).

Works being going good, hit the two year anniversary here last week which was awesome, had a review, got a rise and the boss is happy with me. Best news to get yesterday, it's nice to feel valued and know that you are doing the right thing. The boss has also offered to pay for any courses that I might want to do, so I'm going to look into some of those and will hopefully find some. I'm pretty sure that it will all be manageable.

Our renovation is still in progress, we've now got a quote that is making stone benchtops look achieveable and from another cabinet place that should work in with what we already have. I'm so excited to be able make some actually progress and see things happening with this one. I've been looking online for some nice artwork to hang around the place too. And I think we've finally agreed on a colour scheme for the bedroom - now I want to go any buy new linen and cookware. Of course there are sales on at the moment just because my money is tied up for this holiday. Hopefully there will still be some sales on after, or maybe I'll investigate laybuy for some. . .

Father's Day was a busy day but so nice to spend time with my family and M's family too. Dad loved his gift which was even better. It's days and times like that you truly appreciate everything you have with your family and the unconditional love no matter how long you are apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment