So in my last post I was super excited about my upcoming dress fitting.
It didn't disappoint.
Together with one of my bridesmaids, my mother and Nan we attended the fitting and the dress WAS PERFECT!
It fitted absolutely perfectly in every aspect. In fact the only alteration required is to add the 'bustle' (if that is how you spell it) so the train doesn't catch when I'm dancing. Epically stoked!
We took along the bouquet that mum had been lovingly working on for me and that matched perfectly too. The only negative to the whole day is we realised that Mum's veil was slightly off colour - so that's been sent off to the drycleaners. I'm anxiously awaiting it's return because it matches the dress perfectly and obviously, is the ideal sentimental choice for my 'something old' and 'something borrowed'.
I also came to the realisation that the shoes I had in mind would not work. Just standing there during the fitting my feet were feeling uncomfortable so those shoes are out!
I've had my eye on these ones from Betts (below) so we'll see if I get these or end up with something else. I think now I want a peep toe style in a silver. I think being the key words.
My cake ribbon also arrived, but for some idiotic reason (ie I was being blonde) I accidentally only ordered 1 foot of ribbon.. Yeah that won't work! But it's pretty...
So of course, back to ebay I went to order some more.
For our bonbonniere for the ladies, Mum and I yesterday ordered the wine glasses, and we got some special ones for the ladies of the bridal party and Mum & the mother-in-law as well.
And we made some progress on things for the guys of the bridal party:
These ties from ASOS, which were a budget breaking (I joke) $10.51ea.
Exactly what we were after and actually arrived in record time too. So pleased.
Things are definitely starting to come together. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment