Along with my starting a collection of brooches for my bouquet I had another thought of what I want to hold as I walk down the isle.
I've never liked the 'traditional' lace covered trinkets that girls carry, so instead I am going to have a locket.
This locket will contain photos from three of those I love who are no longer with us.
My niece Isla.
When M and I first talked of marriage, I always dreamed would be my flower girl. She was and always will be so precious to me and dearly loved.
My Grandad.
He'd always know what to say to make me smile and laugh and who could just light up a room. I'll never forget the first time he met M, he was wheelchair bound but still managed to tease him and check with my Dad that he was good enough for me. I wrote him a letter that day to lay to rest with him and in it I told him that M was the man I wanted to marry..
My Pop.
Even through the language barriers he still found a way to make us all feel special and loved.
It breaks my heart knowing they aren't here with us and won't be on that day. But it is peace of mind knowing that I will have a part of them there and know they will be watching over us.
I've been looking for lockets on ebay and have purchased is the below one in stirling silver.
Just waiting for it to arrive so I can start the search for pictures.
The locket. Screen shot from my phone.

Wow, I think that's a really beautiful idea. I love it when people recognise their loved ones.
ReplyDeleteP.s I put the other songs on the list that you requested in reply to your comment. Hope that helps :)
Thank you :) Oh yay, you are awesome! I will go check it out now. :)
Delete