The whole painting was more of a dilemma then it had to be. M and I had to empty everything out of the room again which was all fine til it led him onto a I ** hate this ** house and never get ** family to ** help like rant because it got him thinking about how badly his grandad stuffed up the paint. He was just being really rough when moving things etc and ranting on like that to himself. He then got even more mad when we took the curtain rod holders off the wall because the plaster came off with them. He was totally unapproachable that I practically yelled at him and told him to stop being such an a-hole. Then to try get the room ready I mentioned taking the old TV bracket off the wall - he then acted like a child and he didn’t care and to just leave it. We couldn’t leave it, it wouldn’t look right after it was painted. So I ranted at him about him wanting the house nice and that this was his chance and he was going to waste it?
So I removed the damn bracket by myself (talk about an effort). He was still shitty so I stormed off, went to Bunnings and got stuff to fix the walls. Went back home, got the stupid bolts out of the damn wall (they are those expanding ones that go right through to the brick and are a pain to get out) and patched the walls myself. I'm really rather proud of my handy man efforts! Who needs a man, I'm more than capable of it myself I know know! (Except for having to ask my Dad for advice, but all the actual work I did myself). He’d calmed down after that and apologised but it was still a pain. Not to mention his antics this morning. I got a text from Megan asking the colours for the bulk head painting so I rang him to ask and he was all like “you picked the colours, you decide”. WE AGREED on the colours. I only suggested them. So I told him he was being an a-hole, and made a choice myself. Too bad if he doesn't like it.
So anyway, tonight when I get home from work I'll have a nicely, professionally painted bedroom and I'll get to put everything back into it. I'm looking forward to it all being done. Tomorrow I'll get some new curtain rod holders and suck up to Dad to come round to put them up for me and wash the new doona cover to put onto the bed. It's going to look fanastic!
And best news is that our kitchen is getting done early next year (that's how long the guy is booked out for!!). So I'll have a shiny new kitchen and a working oven - finally. Shame it can't be done before Christmas for all the traditional baking - I guess I'll just have to invade Mum's kitchen. But it will look so great. We even get a thin granite benchtop and it's not going to be plain black and white either (another huge woohooo if you ask me). It'll give the house a whole new feel, especially once we get the living areas painted too.
Spotlight has another sale on so I might go there and look at some new cushions for the couch and such to add a splash of colour.
Another way to tell that you are getting old? You get excited when you hear that Aquire is having a sale. Haha. I got a Maxwell & Williams platter for $12 and a new spices rack, it's one of those modern stainless ones. It will look so good when the kitchen is all done.
That's pretty much all in the house sort of updates for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment