Monday, April 1, 2013

Rings, Flowers & Suits

Wedding planning had basically stalled because of dramas with the invite list, family and friends and their ideas and demands. Every time I thought about it I would get annoyed. But thankfully these shiny beauties cheered me up by providing a welcome distraction.

 My wedder with my e-ring.. I may have ordered an eternity band also.. 
My e-ring is rather loose and since I can't have it made smaller (and the wedded didnt do much to help) I figured an eternity ring would keep it in place!

And this is M's titanium ring, on my finger obviously. He's excited to wear it, which makes me even more excited!




And my flowers arrived. Since we're going to attempt making a brooch bouquet ourselves I decided upon getting silk flowers. Unless you hold them up close you can't tell they aren't real and they were literally a quarter of the price of quotes I had recieved for the real deal. Win all round if you ask me!

This is the photo from the companies website.. I've opted for bright white silk roses since my dress will be that colour..

My bouquet will have a string of brooches through the centre. This is us mucking about trying to plan an order with the brooches I've collected.
The centre one in blue is a gift from one of my bridesmaids. Something old and blue in one!

And the bridesmaids get some bling in their bouquets too. I'm thinking I will need to add an extra rose in since the insert of the brooch leaves a little gap, but that is easy fixed.

The fiance and I went to look at suits the other week and it was the most insanely easy thing to do. We walked into Roger David and within the first three minutes (no joke!) he had fallen in love with a suit. 
He wants to match with his groomsmen in the suit so the staff there have been so helpful as we send in each GM to try on a suit. We've only got the Best Man to go and he lives in QLD so we're hoping he can make it in to the local store to try on the same style suit there. 

Now the only dilemma is whether he wants suspenders or vests!

4 comments:

  1. The rings look beautiful. Love the brooches, they are all very lovely. Glad everything is coming along well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers and rings are beautiful. congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete